Museum Education Department Assistant
We are seeking a motivated team member to join our Education Department staff. Work schedule to be determined by Department Director and successful candidate but flexibility is a must. Must be able to work some evenings, nights, weekends, and some holidays, according to departmental need and special event schedules. Currently, this is a Part-time position with the potential to evolve into a Full-time, salaried position.
- Scheduling and Coordination of guided tours with schools, public, corporations, and event planners.
- Daily communication with the public and museum Docents/Guides via telephone/email.
- Support the Education Director with preparation of Docent and Gallery Guide training materials, class sessions and public programs.
- Ability to work with 100+ volunteers in a professional manner.
- Promote the Museum’s Docent, school, and public programs.
- May include work on special projects at the request of the Education Director
- Work schedule to be determined by Education Director in cooperation with successful candidate.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence to make quick decisions and take immediate action per department policies and training.
- Strong administrative, organizational, & communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects under a deadline and interruptions.
- BA, BS, BFA Degrees with 3-5 years of administrative experience preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to operate general office and other equipment used for presentations such as LCD Projector, sound system, digital camera, scanner, etc.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Ability to stand or walk constantly on granite and marble flooring, climb stairs, and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must speak, read, and write English; multi-lingual a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have reliable transportation